Fwd: RE: [thesite] thecode FAQ - everyone read

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Thu Oct 11 10:13:45 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: <martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com>

Martin,

Sorry, I've been sleeping .. what's this write up for?  A new FAQ for weo?
I've only skimmed this, but a couple points below.

| * Admin: Can approve, edit and expire articles. Can (will be able to?)
|   add, edit and delete categories. Can view member info even if
|   generally hidden.

Not at all sure what the reference to categories means here.  Please
expand/clarify.  Admins can also edit all comments but not delete them. As
far as viewing member info, at this point that only applies to email
addresses on the user pages.  However, I'm not at all sure if this will
change with the new members' pages.  Are we going to have different Priv
levels for info aside from Privs 1 and 2, which are logged in and not logged
in user?  (The member pages will also change slightly the writeups provided
for anon and logged in user.)

| * Godmin: Can remove comments. Other stuff - someone want to fill
|   this in?

Permanently delete articles (I think?) .. tho this may be just brute forced,
and is done very seldom.

Michele