Fwd: RE: [thesite] thecode FAQ - everyone read

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Thu Oct 11 16:02:32 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin" <martin at members.evolt.org>

| >what's this write up for?  A new FAQ for weo?
|
| For thecode, yup:

Ok, think I get it .. sorta .. hehe

| >| * Admin: Can approve, edit and expire articles. Can (will be able to?)
| >|   add, edit and delete categories. Can view member info even if
| >|   generally hidden.
| >
| >Not at all sure what the reference to categories means here.  Please
| >expand/clarify.
|
| As in Backend, Code, Commentary & Society etc.

I understand what categories are.. however, I've not heard any mention in
the past of adding, editing or deleting categories.  This is what I was
asking for clarification on.  Has this been discussed in the past?  Is there
a compelling reason, at this time, why we'd even consider making this an
"Admin" function and taking the time to build a web-based backend for
handling this?  My understanding is that only those with access to the live
DB (whether that be weo's or teo's or both) can actually make changes
directly to the DB to categories.  Or am I still confused?

Thanks,

Michele