[thesite] My Intro and a look at a UEUE Proposal

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Tue Oct 16 11:19:56 CDT 2001

| it should be able to take
| info out of
| the cookie that was set by ueue.evolt.org and get a
| username/userid/priv
| level to store within its solitary MySQL DB.

Oh. I didn't see the, ah, diversity of implementation. Nice... Makes it
interesting. 8)

Of course, this begs the question, "What if the user has disabled/can't
support cookies?" To my mind, maybe because I have more experience in the
backend iron, to implement all this logic without involving the client is
more robust, if not as flexible/distributed.

| hopefully that makes sense :)

The same fairy godmother must have visited me, since it does!

The problem with getting new people (me) onto the same page is -- we (you)
may never leave that page. I am so appreciative that all are forbearing as I
expose my shortcomings in experience.

<rory disposition="kindness" alt="8)"/>