[thesite] My Intro and a look at a UEUE Proposal

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Tue Oct 16 19:10:43 CDT 2001

On Oct 16, Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com had something to say about RE:...

>Martin's question causes me to consider what happens if someone else uses
>the other machine. Since a cookie is being re-issued, wouldn't that be an
>open door?

Yeah, that's why it's an "option". Our audience is generally smart enough
to know when to use this feature and when to not. And if they don't, well
it's not THAT big of a deal.

>Then I wonder does this matter to anyone in this context? I mean, it isn't a
>banking application, right?

Exactly.

>I think the concern is mainly about m.e.o. ...

Which I will say again, is not a very big deal. There are other problems
with the meo setup that are worse than this. We know them, but there isn't
much we can do about them...

You'll forgive me if I don't list down security holes on a public list
whose archives are spidered...

thanks,

--
mattwarden