Member Pages .... Re: [thesite] user selecteble stylesheets..

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Tue Oct 16 20:22:02 CDT 2001

Hey Rory ..

Yes, the Priv levels are confusing... ;)

I think I finally understand them now myself.  After Rudy beat over the head
with a baseball bat last week .. hehehe

j/k

Anyway, that part of the form isn't in use at the moment.  That page (Edit
Membership) is just the start for creating the membership pages that are
being worked on.  Membership pages are currently being design by a couple of
the CodeFest participants, so, we'll all see some samples shortly.  In
short, it'll be a combination of the existing user's pages
(http://test.evolt.org/user/Mishka/4292/index.html) and a template page that
Erik Mattheis did for another project (http://neo.evolt.org) (Yes, another
acronym).

The priv levels are required for attribute information that members can add
to their own Member Pages.  Here's a recent DB diagram that should explain
it a bit more: http://members.evolt.org/rudy/evolta.gif

Now as far as the difference between a member (Priv 2) and a user (Priv 1),
my understanding that those with Member pages (not user pages, the new ones
we are working on) will be considered "Members", whereas Users will just
have a userid.  The way I look at it is this, a member is someone that wants
to share additional information with other members, and be a bit more a part
of the Evolt community.

Hope this helps ... more information than you wanted no doubt.  Btw, glad to
see you on this list, I really enjoy your postings on thelist.

If you have any other questions or want to jump in and help out on a
project, just holler.  Have you see the CodeFest information?
http://members.evolt.org/Mishka/CodeFest_2001/  Under Draft Task List is the
stuff we were working on at CodeFest.  You'll see what projects/tasks were
completed.  Sometime soon, I'll take the left over projects and add them to
a.e.o.  (admin.evolt.org - you may have to talk to djc about getting a
userid for that application).

Take care,

Michele