Member Pages .... Re: [thesite] user selecteble stylesheets..

Mark Nickel mnickel at new.rr.com
Wed Oct 17 20:38:43 CDT 2001

rudy wrote:

> >> quod erat demonstrandum
> >
> >And the kiddie version: quite enough done
>
> actually "which was the thing to be proved"

Latin?? Dude, I've enough trouble with *one* language.. :)  :)  Just kidding.
Thanks for the enlightenment.

Quid Pro Quo.  or something?  :)

BTW, rudy, pleased to meet you.  Your reputation as the DB god proceeds you!!
:)  :)

> and while i don't understand cookies and tickets and rss feeds (yet), i
> have a sneaky suspicion that the separation of userid (remember, it's for
> login/email purposes only) and member (identification of the individual)
> will be a Good Thing across the various *.e.o sites....

+1

absolutely.  I cannot stress this enough.

"There can be only one" works for Immortals *and* for evolt.org UEUE...

I *think* that using the memberid as the UEUE_ID is probably going to be the
way to go....  We haven't completely worked out the conversion details from the
current user authentication model to the UEUE model.  Heck, we're just flushing
out the details on the prototype...

Technically w.e.o, m.e.o, *.e.o, in terms of user authentication, will be
considered subsites to ueue.evolt.org.  So the user authorization model that is
used by w.e.o. can be whatever it needs to be.  For that matter the user
authorization method for each subsite can be whatever is appropriate for that
site.

But because the current user authentication is relativley flat compaired to the
heirarchical UEUE structure, we will most likely borrow the memberid to become
the UEUE_ID through the conversion process... Potentially that is...

It's a darn good place to start anyway...

(For those playing at home, Note the emphasis on User Authentication verses
User Authorization.  There is a difference.   If you are interested, see my
member page for a link to the Eagle book that will provide the details
http://members.evolt.org/mnickel )

Mark