[thesite] voting application

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Mon Oct 29 21:25:53 CST 2001

> However, what are the implications of adding yet more code to the current
> CMS to facilitate a voting application?  i.e. where's the voting going to
> appear?  Similar to articles?  On the side bar?  How many
> additional queries
> to the DB will be required on the front page (and subsequent pages) to
> display the voting information?

Remember that polls/voting need not be displayed within the sitebar. It
might be accessed through a link somewhere.

In addition, should it be displayed within the sidebar, like the entire
sidebar itself, it could be displayed as a personal preference (i.e., don't
like it, switch it off (or switch it on if it's off by default, and you do
like it)).

Saying that it's on WEO means that it's on WEO (i.e., could just sit in
evolt.org/vote). I'm sure we'll be discussing the finer points of integrated
polls, link positions, etc once it's built.

> I do agree with moving it out of the Admin application so that it can be
> used by all members.

+1