[thesite] voting application

mccreath mccreath at ak.net
Wed Oct 31 00:15:03 CST 2001

Hey, folks -

currently nomail, but here's what I've done re: voting applications over the
last several months:

* interface redesign of walker's voting app to fit in the framework of aeo
(no real functionality added or taken away):

Main page with listing of currently open votes/polls:
http://members.evolt.org/mccreath/evolt/aeo/voting_default.shtml
(This would function similarly to the articles on weo -- that is, there
would be a running archive of votes/polls and their results.)

Actual voting page for a sample poll:
http://members.evolt.org/mccreath/evolt/aeo/voting_poll.shtml

Results page for a poll:
http://members.evolt.org/mccreath/evolt/aeo/voting_results.shtml

* loose proposal for creating a new category on weo for polls/votes, based
on existing code:
http://members.evolt.org/mccreath/evolt/evoltpolling.html

This was originally intended to be an admin-only tool, and I haven't
reviewed it to see how it would work for a broader base of voters, but I
imagine it's possible.

FWIW, I've always thought that our best path would be working the voting
into the CMS, whether it adapted itself to the existing db structure or
added independent tables.

David
(still nomail)

:)