[thesite] voting application

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Wed Oct 31 17:42:24 CST 2001

> i do like the URL scheme, don't get me wrong.. i also think its really
> cool, i just (still) don't understand how it works a year later,
> thats all..

Fair enough.

> it seems the level of importance concerning a feature is a direct result
> of how much time those wanting said feature have to pitch and advocate it.

I know you have little interest in using a voting method to ascertain entry
to privileged status. But I've not seen an effective alternative.

I think we agree that:

 - we want as many people to participate as possible
 - some participation requires a certain priv switch in the db
 - two or three people can be responsible for flicking that priv switch
 - priv should be assigned when a volunteer is trusted

Where we seem to disagree is how we decide who to trust. I think that can be
most effectively handled with a vote from members already with that priv.

The alternative seems to be to base it on a decision from one or two people
which I don't think is particularly good.