[thesite] Tip Searching

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue Apr 2 22:51:00 CST 2002

>... I was resending from different locations as a test.

did i pass?

;o)

my mail has been seriously fux0red for weeks

i post to thelist and see people's answers to my post, but my post has yet
to arrive

i get some mails delivered seven or eight times, as far back as ten days

at first i thought it was just the evolt lists, but perhaps that's because
those are the only ones i read in detail

then i notice that it's happening to emails i get on other lists, so i
begin to suspect my ISP, **especially** when they suffer a 2-day email
server problem -- they say they never lose an email, and so far i don't
think i've missed any, but it's not inconceivable that they might duplicate
a few...

BUT -- then i hear that other lists are having similar problems -- posts
disappearing, others duplicated...

i was beginning to suspect that some machine sitting on a major hub
somewhere on the internet is seriously screwed up

now maybe i can rest easy, it's only guys like dean screwing with my
sanity...

;o)

rudy