[thesite] Status of everything I can think of at the moment ... ;)

Joshua Olson joshua at alphashop.net
Sun Apr 28 10:34:01 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "rudy" <r937 at interlog.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2002 8:33 AM
Subject: Re: [thesite] Status of everything I can think of at the moment ...
;)

> adrian had worked up a style to be applied to the <pre> tag which would
> render code blocks better than our current treatment with <textarea>

Hey all,

Correct me if I'm wrong [:)], but aren't the principal goals of using a text
area:

1. Scrollbars on most platforms instead of layout blowout.
2. Ability to "Select all" automatically when the area receives focus.

Have these properties become unimportant or no longer factors?

Thanks,
-joshua