[thesite] Status of everything I can think of at the moment ... ;)

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 28 12:13:01 CDT 2002

> From: "rudy" <r937 at interlog.com>
>
> > Adrian, what's up with the CSS files?  Have you taken over
> > the management/modifications of them?  Or, am I continuing
> > to look after them? Is there anything that needs to be done now?
>
> i'm not adrian but yes, there's one change that we should work on

despite what rudy said, other than some cleaning, there's been no reason to
move them over, so i haven't yet...  i figured i'd take care of it in the next style
update...

> adrian had worked up a style to be applied to the <pre> tag which
> would render code blocks better than our current treatment with
> <textarea>

except the style doesn't work in IE/mac... it actually causes the entire <pre>
to collapse and hide the code within...  that seems like a somewhat bad side
effect to me...

in N6/win, it actually lets the text flow out of the box, causing a horizontal
scroll... while i believe i can fix this (based on code .jeff and i volleyed on
thelist), it will cause a vertical scrollbar in IE/win...

IOW, it's not done yet...

> he had a page on his site but i cannot find it (i'm trying very hard
> not to make a comment about the lack of navigation)
>
> adrian, if you would be so kind, please repost the url

my personal site, any page with code... i have no test page set up for it since
my entire personal site serves that purpose...  IOW, the navigation can you
get there, but you gotta resize yer window to see it...

http://roselli.org/adrian/articles/breadcrumbs.asp
http://roselli.org/adrian/articles/browser_stats_1.asp
http://roselli.org/adrian/articles/splash_skip.asp
http://roselli.org/adrian/articles/font_control.asp

anyone here who wants to offer up suggestions, or create their own testbed,
feel free... but we *cannot* implement this if it hides blocks of content from
some users, no matter how inconvenient the textareas may be...