[thesite] FW: [thalist] Darling

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Mon Apr 29 09:10:00 CDT 2002

On Apr 29, aardvark had something to say about RE: [thesite] FW: [thalist]...

>ok, now you got me confused...
>
>what legit post has an attachment of *any* kind?

any post that has a content-type string that doesn't match the MG filters'
"ok list"

for instance, my posts still get held because of a "suspicious header" and
it's because of the way my client sends the charset in teh content-type (i
guess)

>> The newer MG mods try to extract plain text from 'rich
>> text' mails and let them through.
>
>i know, but i've never felt that was worth it... it simply allows people
>to continue to use HTML mail in their regular lives, and since i can't
>fly all over the world resetting their mail clients, i was kinda hoping
>our rabid stance might convert 'em on the cheap...

yeah, i kind of agree with that. except it isn't just html-formatted
emails that get held. and it would keep me from posting if i knew that it
wouldn't show up for another 30 minutes, when someone else will surely
have given the solution already.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com