[thesite] What do you want to do ?

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Tue Apr 30 21:33:03 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "aardvark" <roselli at earthlink.net>

| > From: "William Anderson" <neuro at well.com>
| > >
| > > Under Site design, I added a link to the browsers and then a new
| > > page BrowserIdeas, located here:
| > >
| > > http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/BrowserIdeas
| >
| > i've added some ideas - have a look (and add/modify if anyone likes)
|
| ok, looks like my suggestions here got missed... guess i'll wander
| over there...

Aard, probably not missed .. just set up so you can add em in your own
words, etc. :)  Is what Dan wrote there or does he need to add his stuff
too?

| btw, as long as we're using the wiki to talk about plans for the
| browser archive, should that be on theforum?

No, I don't think that's necessary.  We're talking about development and
making it better.  We're not discussing deleting it or not supporting it
anymore.  Once the development reqs. have been flushed out and those working
on the project agree, sure it wouldn't hurt to run it by theforum to make
sure there's nothing overlooked.  It's difficult to know what goes where.
But if we keep all development of stuff here, I think we'll be better off.

| > dan's set me up with a shell on leo, and i'll get access to start
| > looking at things tomorrow.
|
| ok, this is something that is being discussed on theforum, handing
| out access and all... while i doubt you'll do anything bad, since
| we're working on a file system, not software, i don't think rolling
| back is going to be easy in case we accidentally whack anything...

Yeah .. but we can't stop people from working while everything gets sorted
out and determined on theforum (or elsewhere).  That said, my understanding
is that William has very limited SSH access and can't actually modify
anything.  However, I'm not real good at understanding this stuff .. perhaps
I should go read up on what SSH means and how it really works .. since I
haven't a clue :)

Mich