[thesite] What do you want to do ?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 30 22:05:00 CDT 2002

> From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at members.evolt.org>
>
> see my other email, i don't see a prob with uploading it.. if it gets
> moved, it gets moved?

more along the lines of getting wiped (see other email), or if
permissions get changed, filenames confused, etc...

> > and b) we *can* limit access, particularly since much of what's
> > being discussed on theforum is *precisely* because access was handed
> > out without anyone knowing...
>
> i enabled a shell account for seb today too btw.

didn't we have a wiki page where we were tracking all this?  i can't
find it now for some reason... or was it the what do people want vs.
what do they have page?  no, wait, found it, and it looks like it's
on an individual basis:
http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/FactFindingMission

> > i'm just surprised is all, given the commentary about limiting
> > access and working up a process to determine trust for people access
> > is handed to...  i don't mind the help, but i am surprised since it
> > goes against what dan has said...
>
> what did i say about what?

erm, didn't you talk about *not* handing out access to just anyone
because of security?  i can track down posts, but this is part of the
logic behind *not* handing out root, among other things...

did i get that wrong?

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself