[thesite] Caching

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Sat Feb 2 12:40:00 CST 2002

Hi Folks ..

Back in the early part of January, we had a brief discussion of caching of
the front page.  Here's the last message in the thread:

http://lists.evolt.org/thesitearchive/2002-January/004552.html

So, my question is .. why is the front page being cached on weo?  I thought
it was agreed not to cache it .. and that we'll run some performance tests
and make a decision after?

Was there a discussion/decision made that I've missed or am unaware of?

I have to admit to not being real happy that the front page is being cached,
for what I'll guess is 20 minutes (or so).  If I post a comment or rate an
article, its not showing up on the front page.  Makes me wonder if I did
whatever it was correctly, or not.  And what about authors that get a notice
that their article has been approved, they go to the site and they can't
find it (right away).  Very confusing ... IMHO.

Michele