[thesite] BUG - deo file permissions

Simon Coggins ppxsjc1 at nottingham.ac.uk
Sun Feb 3 15:51:01 CST 2002

Hi folks,

I've been getting emails indicating new links are being added to the
directory but when I go to approve them they're not in the database. I've
just been investigating what's going wrong (thinking it might have
something to do with the new PHP install), and have found that the
permissions on the deo_html and includes directories on leo.evolt.org have
been changed from "evolt" to "mailman" (both user and group
permissions). This means I can't alter the files.

Not sure what happened but could someone with root access log in and
switch things back to "evolt". Any directory links submitted in the last
couple of weeks have unfortunately been lost into the ether - I'll let you
know when it's working again as soon as I've fixed it.

Cheers,

Simon