[thesite] Re: [the****] Need feedback for the archives

David McCreath mccreath at ak.net
Wed Feb 13 19:59:01 CST 2002

Moving to thesite since we're now talking details and the feedback from
thelist seems to be over.

Garrett Coakley wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:20:07 -0600 (CST) "Daniel J. Cody"
> <djc at members.evolt.org> wrote:
>>http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20020211/053589.html
>>is an example of a regular post.. the message body of the post itself
>>is slightly highlighted to draw attention to it. to fluffy? to
>>bright/soft?
>
> Looks okay to me, same with the index of threads. What colour is that
> background? Salmon? *:)

Hm. Looks beige on both of my systems (W2K, MacOS 8.6). That's a funny
part of the spectrum to get consistent across the OS/browser combos.
Usually blues and grays are much easier to duplicate.

Dan, how about something along the lines of #ebebeb? It'll still fit
well with the link colors and it's light enough not to cause contrast
problems.

> One thing I would say, just throwing this out for discussion, the fonts
> seem a little small to me.

> Why change the default font size at all? Isn't there a case to be made
> for leaving the font size at whatever the user finds comfortable, ie:
> their own settings.

Yeah, they're fixed pixel heights, so they're not adjustable by many
browsers. I'd say
  kill the font-size attribute of all the styles and let people adjust
the size if they need to.

(There are some remnants in that stylesheet that can come out, too, Dan.
Down at the bottom. ;))

David