[thesite] proposed CSS addition

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 16 11:28:00 CST 2002

> From: "rudy" <r937 at interlog.com>
>
> >while i abhor the idea of classing any elements within an article,
> >it's better than the alternative, which would be applying it to all
> >tables, which would hose the site...  or the alternative alternative
> >(like the other other white meat) could be just to pretend i never
> >mentioned this...
>
> i like the second of the above options   ;o)

poo.

well, there's three who see egregious rendering problems, not
counting me... might as well stuff it...

> >http://roselli.org/evolt/character.asp
> >
> >looks great in Opera 6, not perfect in IE5.5 or N6.2...
>
> looks like isaac's screenshot in win ie5 -- lines sticking up from the
> blacktabnavbarthingie, lines in the author stats, lines in the search
> forms...

yeah, it cascades up the tree... oh well... i'll save it for a later day...

> on a related topic, you know how you have Rendered (Character) and
> Rendered (Numeric) as headings in the character tables?  how about
> splitting that row off as a "stacked" table? then the rest of the
> table could have its cell widths more free to adjust to their
> contents, and there'd be less wrapping of the Name column -- right now
> those two rendered columns have a lot of white space and the Name
> column wraps a lot, making the whole thing look clunky...

not sure i follow... how do i get the headings to line up with the
columns, then?

(btw, i just added a 'stealth' style to my site which looks tres cool
in IE5.5+/win, only because i make the images stealth, too)