[thesite] searching an oracle LONG column

rudy rudy937 at rogers.com
Mon Feb 25 13:52:01 CST 2002

found this while researching something else

"You are limited to searching the first 2000 characters of the long column,
but this is often good enough."

http://www.arrowsent.com/oratip/tip23.htm

can we use this to search articles by more than title and synopsis?

NOTE TO DAN

dan, if and when you see this, can you please privately email me the
instructions for getting to the test.evolt.org database (starting with which
server to connect to -- i'm still using putty)

i tried about a week ago and got into the production database okay, but all
the notes i had about the test database didn't work

thanks

rudy