[thesite] how many ratings to appear in sidebar?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 17 08:46:33 CST 2002

> From: "isaac" <isaac at members.evolt.org>
[...]
> > thanks isaac, although i wasn't trolling for a new rating...
>
> don't thank me. i gave you a 4 to end this thread. ;)

oh, thank god it wasn't altruism... i'd be worried about you...

> (actually gave it a 4 because that's what i think it is (mostly stat
> tables, etc) -- but ending the thread would be a bonus).

dig... i tend to agree that it's by no means a 5 -- there's no meat to
it (it's all in the previous article)...

> must've been someone else. (a couple more 4's and 5's since i last
> looked).

can you do me a favor?

that article languished at 4 ratings forever... and then it makes it
into the top ratings list and gets another 4 ratings in a couple
days...

can you send me a screen shot (with names blocked out) of the
admin sidebar with the rating dates?

i think this is an interesting example of how the articles list is a self-
perpetuating model, and i'm intrigued by the effect of the UI
element we've created that elevates those articles...

> i've finally got one of my articles in there -- you think i'm gonna
> let some stat write-up junk push me back out? ...

bring it