[thesite] meta description

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 19 18:41:42 CST 2002

consider the following search (which appeared in my logs):
http://ixquick.com/do/metasearch.pl?cat=web&cat=web&cmd=proc
ess_search&language=english&query=liquid+design

the same article exists on three different sites...  my personal site
doesn't make it in at all (well, not in the first two screens), but the
following two entries appear:

Liquid Design for the Web - Algonquin Studios - Web & Enterprise
Software Solution...

With so many users and so many variables that control window
size, you've got an infinite number of possible dimensions in users'
browser windows. This article will address screen resolution by
offering some tips and caveats for liquid design.
http://algonquinstudios.com/article_177.html
Highlighted Result (new!)
alltheweb (2), Lycos (5)

Liquid Design for the Web : evolt.org, Site Development

A world community for web developers, evolt.org promotes the
mutual free exchange of ideas, skills and experiences.
http://www.evolt.org/article/Liquid_Design_for_the_Web/20/15177
Highlighted Result (new!)
AOL (2), MSN (6)

interestingly, it pulls the meta description from the page as the
abstract for the search results...

perhaps we could do the same for our articles?  use the abstract
from the article as the meta description?

does anyone have any interest in that?  or see any value in it?