[thesite] meta description

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sat Jan 19 18:51:02 CST 2002

On Sunday, January 20, 2002, at 12:41  am, aardvark wrote:

> perhaps we could do the same for our articles?  use the abstract
> from the article as the meta description?
>
> does anyone have any interest in that?  or see any value in it?

Yes - sounds like the sensible thing to do (and also the right
thing as the meta-data would reflect the page content more
accurately).

A thought - in the next redesign, do you think we should move
towards Dublin Core metadata? And feeding it into the Search?

Cheers
Martin
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,