[thesite] WEO Oracle DB Problem

Dean Mah dmah at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 22 14:39:06 CST 2002

Technical junk aimed mainly at Dan, skip if desired.

I've been trying to install interMedia Text on the production
database.  Unfortunately, this has not been going well.

Since the prod db is using Oracle 8.1.6 we need to set up Net8 to run
external procedures.  (This isn't a problem in 8.1.7 which is the test
db.)

In trying to run the bin/extproc binary, I get:

   ./extproc: error while loading shared libraries: lib/libagtsh.so: undefined symbol: stat64

which would indicate a linking problem when the executable was
created.  stat64 is in /usr/lib/libc_nonshared.a, or appears to be.

We might want to try re-linking the executables and make sure that
libc_nonshared.a is linked.

Dan, you mentioned that you needed to hack the Oracle installation,
anything related to this?

Dean