[thesite] Status Updates on Various Projects

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Thu Jan 24 18:51:00 CST 2002

On Friday, January 25, 2002, at 12:34  am, isaac wrote:

>> Rudy suggested a Wiki on theforum to throw ideas around,
>> particularly for areas which are still at the "what are we
>> doing with this?" stage.
>
> WTF is a "Wiki"?

Wiki is Hawaiian for 'quick' - it's a really quick, easy
collaborative tool for building content and near
perfect for brainstorming. It's so easy
to use you don't need to learn how to use it because
it follows very simple formatting rules (yes, easier
than HTML):
http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/TextFormattingRules

Anyone [1] can edit any [2] page by hitting the 'edit this
page' link.

Creating pages is particularly easy - any two words
capitalised LikeThis are a link to a page of the same
title (so LikeThis links to ./LikeThis). If the page doesn't exist,
the Wiki throws up an edit form to create it.

It's better explained on the original Wiki:
http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?

Or just try it.

(this one is running on Zope and ZWiki - both open
source - yay)

Cheers
Martin

[1] at the moment - I can increase security if needed
[2] excluding structural and help pages
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,