[thesite] search users broken

Dean Mah dmah at members.evolt.org
Thu Jun 13 17:28:01 CDT 2002

Ah, okay.  That's something different then.  I haven't looked at the
code but I would guess that it is searching the database fields
firstname, lastname, and username for the given search phrase.  You're
asking for a combination of two fields and I don't think that it will
do that.  The page reads: "You may search for users by first name,
last name, or username" individually but not a combination of those.  :)

So I'm not sure that's a bug.  Perhaps a scope change.  The code would
need to search the concatenation firstname and lastname fields for
your string as well.

Dean