[thesite] What do you want to do ?

Seb seb at members.evolt.org
Wed May 1 01:28:00 CDT 2002

At 05:03 01/05/2002, you wrote:
> > From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at members.evolt.org>
> >
> > i'd dream of python, but there are a limited number of people on
> > thesite who know that.. php was brought up while william and i were
> > informally discussing it because it has excellent integration with the
> > os and filesystem, among other things.
>
>ok, i think i'd rather go with PHP, because i can do it, and Python
>is too much more to add to my brain and not forget something like my
>address...

I pump Python, maybe 12 hours a day sometimes.

I also push PHP, je parle Perl, and occasionally pimp Postgres.

I'd love to do something in Python (like, if phpgroupware turns out to
suck, which it kinda looks like from a stability point of view), maybe
using Zope as groupware, which it's pretty capable of handling with some
minor development. (Minor development of the kind I'll be doing in exchange
for real money in a couple of weeks.)

Just thoughts. I've been pouring over the source for phpgroupware for about
8 hours, as well as getting in some quality MOH fragging, so I'm off to
sleep for a bit. I just wish it wasn't 7.30am.

Seb.