[thesite] test

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Wed May 1 14:38:01 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Garrett Coakley" <garrett at polytechnic.co.uk>
To: <thesite at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 3:26 PM
Subject: Re: [thesite] test

> On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 09:35:09AM -0400, aardvark wrote:
>
> > nope... none of these lists are closed -- anyone can post to them,
> > which is why we get spam, too...
>
> At the risk of starting another argument....
>
> ...GRRRRRRR!

mmm, ditto.  I've had arguments on NetBSD lists about a similar posture on
allowing non-list members to post.  I personally disable the feature on
every list I create.  If you want to post from more than one email address,
subscribe with them all, and set the ones you don't want to get multiple
messages to, to the nomail setting.

I see no other point in having posting set open as such, but if someone can
enlighten me as to a good reason why, I'll happily accept it :)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'