[thesite] request for google blocking meta tag in archive post

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Fri Feb 7 19:07:59 CST 2003

Richard Bennett wrote:
> [snip]
>
> So taking the (company) name from the URL, we see how these sites rank
> compared to evolt's archive of their site check:
>
> [snip]

did you try adding white space in the appropriate places to see what
difference it makes to the results?  you seem to have quite a few spaceless
names there which probably need spaces in them to get more appropriate
results

> Those are the first I tried, and everywhere the evolt site-check shows
> up on the first page.
> Often these site-checks contain some pretty damming critiques, about
> issues that have probably been resolved on the sites, but the critiques
> will follow the site for ever.

cool - do you advocate going back into newspaper archives and excising bad
news about people who are now good people?  If so, I'll hand you over to my
colleague Winston who will probably be more on your wavelength ...
doubleplusungood.

> Either there should be an effective nocache alternative available, or
> list users should be repeatedly warned about these issues.

The list is public.  The list archive is public.  Consider yourself warned.

> Please forward this to the appropriate list,

No offence intended, but I'm not your PA - do it yourself.

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like