[thesite] request for google blocking meta tag in archive post

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Sat Feb 8 12:13:09 CST 2003

Hi,
<----- Original Message -----
<From: "William Anderson" <neuro at well.com>
<How many people actually search on URL tho ... you're keying a rare
scenario
<here.
No, they search on company name, which is contained in the URL.
There are several examples in my third post in this string for your
convenience.

<For goodness sake, if this concerns you so, then use a URL redirection
<service to give people access to the site, e.g. tinyurl.com, so that your
<precious URL is not exposed to the glare of the googlemonster.  Stop
blaming
<the archive and think outside the box.
I'm sorry I'm frustrating you with my inferior intellect here.
Using tinyurl.com is actually a good idea, for those to come - shame about
us idiots who made the mistake already.