[thesite] request for google blocking meta tag in archive post

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Tue Feb 11 08:24:43 CST 2003

Hi,
----- Original Message -----
From: "aardvark" <roselli at earthlink.net>

> richard, you've really gotta find a better method to quote replies...
> i had a hella time telling your comments from mine...
I re-enabled OE default quoting - hope that's ok now.

I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to debate this issue, and get
this situation resolved.

I was intending on submitting an article to evolt to warn other theList
users of this issue, and to offer some ideas or guidelines.
My idea was to advising using a site's IP address (as tinyURL use might
increase archive linkrot), instead of the URL, and offering an easy way to
find the IP address (bookmarklet or something).
If anyone has any comments, feel free to reply, on or off-list.

Thanks again,
Richard.