[thesite] Commenting on tips from thelist?

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Mon Feb 20 03:12:09 CST 2006

John Handelaar wrote:
> Max Schwanekamp wrote:
>>Can anyone tell me why comments are disabled
>>for the tips harvested from thelist...?
>
> They're not actually in the main site, afaik,
> so it's not that they're disabled.  Rather that
> LEO doesn't have a commenting mechanism.

Derr, I spose one look at the URL for the tip harvest woulda told me that.

> Yes, since we now use Drupal, it might be an idea
> to create a new node type for them and move them
> into the main site.

Good idea.

> We could start a conversation about *that* maybe...

Well, why not?  There are some occasional gems in the tips, and it would
be nice if those coming to them long after the current week has come and
gone would be able to comment.  Of course, having not been involved with
any of the Drupal transition, I'm not sure what the time cost would be
compared to the modest benefit doing this would achieve.  Anyone care to
comment?

--
Max Schwanekamp
http://www.neptunewebworks.com/