[thelist] You need to read me. Really.

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Thu Mar 1 11:38:18 CST 2001

With permission from Dan, I wanted to add this one little thing that I think
makes mailing lists of this size work so much better.

Descriptive subject lines.

Please be descriptive. Please don't ever send a "no subject" or blank
subject line to the list. Please don't send things like "aiiiiii!" or "help
me!" or "I'm going crazy" in your subject line -- that does not much help
others to help you.

Please, if you're on the digest -- never put the digest subject in the
subject line. Copy and paste the subject line from the email within the
digest to which you're replying. This will help everyone to figure out what
you're talking about.

Oh, and this goes without saying, never quote the entire digest. Quote only
the part to which you are replying.

Thanks!!

- amanda