[thelist] preloader question

Marty Landman marty at face2interface.com
Sun Mar 4 15:19:10 CST 2001

At Sunday 3/4/01 10:08 AM, Peter-Paul Koch wrote:

>No, the assumption is correct, it's just that both Explorer 5 and Netscape
>6 have trouble with preloading. A script like you wrote should work fine
>in the Version 4 browsers, but IE5 and NN6 are sometimes slow in showing
>images (though never in the same way, of course) and may request them from
>the server regardless (I think it's mainly IE5 who does this).

What about the contradicting fact that AOL goes to undesirable lengths to
reduce bandwidth?

Harkening back to my old psychology undergrad days can we conclude that
running IE5 on AOL's network is an internet model for psychosis?

Just a thought while waiting for the US' NorthEast blizzard to strike.

Marty
http://face2interface.com