[thelist] GnuPG and Coldfusion

Bruce Heerssen bheerssen at visualbridge.tv
Wed Jul 25 16:48:39 CDT 2001

Well, my boss wants to store credit card numbers in our database (over
my strong objection) so now I need to get them encrypted. This is not
something I've done before. I'm reading up on the subject, but the docs
seem a little unclear - can someone provide a basic rundown of the
process starting from the time CF receives the credit card data to the
time it transmits the encrypted data to the database?

We are using CF 4.5 on Solaris with Oracle on a seperate Solaris server.
I am looking at using GnuGP

(http://www.gnupg.org)

Any other advice (pitfalls, etc) would also be well received.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Bruce