[thelist] Digital Video - WMV - converting

Chuck Hergenroeder chergenroeder at redsiren.com
Thu Jul 26 08:05:01 CDT 2001

Did your fire wire card come with any video importing/editing software?  You
should be able to import it into AVI and then load it into Premiere.  Only
Premiere 6 supports DV importation.

If you have Premiere 6 you should be able to load the WMV into the preview
window and then File/Export/Save Video for Web, you then should be able to
export to MPEG, QuickTime or Real.

If you do look at the Pinnacle Studio 7 product remember that you can only
import DV not analog.  If you want to import movies from VHS or Hi8 you
would need a card that imports both analog and digital like the DV500 Pro
also from Pinnacle.

Chuck Hergenroeder