[thelist] Netscape 4.7 site check

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 10 06:49:08 CST 2001

>Our testing is throwing up a few issues with NN4.7, but I don't know if
>it's a real issue, or some quirk of our setup.
>
>The site is
>http://www.malts.com/
>and the problem is getting from the shopping basket page into the
>start of the checkout..
>
>Here's what our tester says:
>
>"It seems that it is just not possible to place an order when using
>Netscape
>Navigator 4.7 on either a PC or a Mac.
>The user can add a bottle to their basket and proceed to the 'Shopping
>Basket' page but when they try to enter the checkout process, the shopping
>basket page keeps appearing."

Correct (NN 4.74 Mac).

I think the culprit is the complex submitroll stuff. In Netscape's wysiwyg
ViewSource it is horribly mangled, though the status bar gives the correct
link (document.forms[1].submit() )

But I'm not sure if this is the problem. Try writing the submit link &
button directly into the HTML and see if it works then.

ppk