[thelist] PC File Utilities?

Bob Haroche bharoche at usa.net
Mon Dec 10 12:09:32 CST 2001

> There's a wonderful piece of Mac software called 'File Buddy' it does
> just about anything that can be done to a file. Is there such a thing
> for the PC that doesn't involve my having to drop into DOS?

1. Read the other posts about viewing hidden files in Windows.

2. For a robust substitute for Explorer, try PowerDesk:
http://www.ontrack.com/

3. For a batch file re-namer, try freeware Lupas Rename:
http://go.to/lupas2000

4. For file synchronization, try shareware FileSync:
http://fileware.com

5. For a listing of files in a director(ies), try freeware Directory Lister:
http://freeware.prv.pl/

6. Re those _vti_ files, don't use Front Page.  :)

HTH.

Regards,
Bob Haroche
O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s