[thelist] CMS w/ PHP & XML

Andrew Forsberg andrew at uber.net.nz
Tue Dec 11 01:15:05 CST 2001

Hullo evolt.org

A short break is on its way, and I'm toying with the possibly
self-destructive idea of rolling my own initially very small,
limited, but potentially extensible, CMS. PHP's more or less built in
expat functions seem like a good place to start... but is it the wail
of the banshee I hear?

Can anyone recommend good schema / dtd resources for this sort of
project? Or is it best to write one's own? Has anyone who has done
this already have any suggestions?

As far as background goes: I want to build it so a few clients can
update their own sites (a simple task), but don't want to waste code
by having to write an entirely new program in the future. And, no,
they don't have $3.5M NZD for a commercial CMS, and I'm sure there's
no way the ISP will let me whack up zope.

TIA,
Andrew

--
Andrew Forsberg