[thelist] Apple's Quicktime Detect JS doesn't work (all the time)?

AtdtXav atdtxav at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 11:37:55 CST 2001

It seems that if you disable plugins, but have quicktime
installed, the js that apple recommends you use to detect just
lets you glide on in.  The site I'm helping with is almost
entirely quicktime, so this is obviously a no-no.  We're only
supporting 4.0+ browsers.

My question is, is there a better script than the one below for
this?  Any way to detect if a plugin is actually enabled, and
redirect if it isn't?

Thanks!
Scott

------
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=JavaScript><!--
var haveqt = false;
// -->
</SCRIPT>
		<SCRIPT language=VBScript>
On Error  Resume Next
	           Set theObject =
CreateObject("QuickTimeCheckObject.QuickTimeCheck.1")
		     On Error  goto 0

		     If IsObject(theObject) Then
		       If theObject.IsQuickTimeAvailable(0) Then
		         haveqt = true
		       End If
		     End If
// -->
</SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=JavaScript><!--
if (navigator.plugins) {
for (i=0; i < navigator.plugins.length; i++ ) {
if (navigator.plugins[i].name.indexOf("QuickTime") >= 0)
{ haveqt = true; }
}
}
// -->
</SCRIPT>
		<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=JavaScript><!--
var bVersion = navigator.appVersion.indexOf("MSIE 4.5",0) + 1
if (bVersion >= 1) {
{ haveqt = true; }
}
// -->