[thelist] javascript question (easy?) <-- not so easy

AtdtXav atdtxav at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 13 12:06:45 CST 2001

To your second suggestion, that will, if it succeeds, only
detect whether or not the plugin exists, not whether it is
enabled.

As for the first one, I am giving it a concerted effort, and I'm
coming up short.  I'm sure it's my inexperience with javascript.
 I'd like to get something that works in IE, then I can play
with it until it works in netscape.

All I need is the actual, real position of an element, not a
position listed in a stylesheet.  I'm not looking to change the
position, just to detect how far down the page the item (image,
div, anything I can make invisible) exists, and say "if it's
less than 75 pixels down the page, redirect".

*frustrated*
Thanks for your help, by the way.
Scott