[thelist] IE font size setting can be changed by page content ?

Cristian Secara secarica at fx.ro
Sun Dec 16 09:54:21 CST 2001

On Sun, 16 Dec 2001 08:27:13 -0500, Vic Wooten wrote:

>You didn't mention your operating system. Windows ME is notorious for
>forgetting all sorts of systems settings.

Yes, it's WinME :) But except this problem, I don't seem to have other
sort of surprises ... It may be possible to be in conjunction with the
Logitech mouse driver (just for remember, the CTRL + wheel can be used
for zoom control in some applications, IE included).

>On the other hand, it might be
>possible to write a script into a web page that will do this [...]

If this were possible, I was thinking if this might be useful to apply
in the concept of "let the user see what the webmaster intended to".
I know there are ways to lock the font size to a desired value;
however, I feel this is not so clever from the usability point of view.
It was nicer to force the "medium" font size of the browser setting,
then let the user change the size as desired.

Best wishes,
    Cristi