[thelist] Achieve tabled images-style layout with CSS - HELP!

Zombo zombo_the_clown at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 12 10:04:47 CST 2002

At 02:20 PM 1/7/02 -0800, MRC howled into the wind:
>> The URL: <http://www.sinistervisions.com/chadsavage/test.html>
>> The CSS: <http://www.sinistervisions.com/chadsavage/cs_stylesheet.css>
>> The dilemma (at least in IE6): Images maintain a small border no matter
>what I try, breaking up the layout.
>
>    Remove the whitespace within your divs. That whitespace is being
>interpreted as text, and a corresponding line-height is being applied.

>    Further to my previous comments, Mozilla 0.9.7 places line-height within
>the div (which is likely the problem Adrian was addressing). The easiest way
>to eliminate it is to add line-height: 0px to the style sheet declarations
>for the divs that contain the images
>
>James Aylard

Between these two suggestions, the problem is solved in NS6.2, IE6 and Opera 5 and, I'm willing to bet, many others.

Thanks James!

Should I post this in the form of a tip? (haven't posted one yet...)

:::[   S A V A G E • Z O M B O • http://www.sinistervisions.com    ]
:::[ ICQ>7337362 • Yahoo/MSN>zombo_the_clown • AIM>Zombo the Clown ]
:::[   ANAMORPHOSIS • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/anamorphosis   ]
:::[ Discussion list for horror/dark fantasy artists & enthusiasts ]