[thelist] CSS Input Borders

MRC webmaster at equilon-mrc.com
Wed Jan 16 10:10:02 CST 2002

IA,

> I have a text box that is displaying with no border in IE6, but is
> displaying with a border in NN6 (let alone NN4.x):
>
> input.contactform { border:0px;
> background-color:#90d8b9;
> font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
> font-size:9pt;
> font-weight:normal;}

    Your CSS looks fine (although a purist might argue that "border: 0px"
should be "border: none"), and in a quick test I saw no problems in Netscape
6 with this code snippet. My best guesses for the cause of your problem:

1) You haven't actually assigned the className "contactform" to the input
2) You haven't used the same case for the className "contactform" in your
style sheet that you used in your HTML (e.g., "input.contactform" in your
style sheet and <input class="Contactform"> in your HTML)
3) You have another style declaration that is overriding this one (e.g.,
further down in your style sheet, declared inline, or with an !important
declaration).

    If you still have the problem, do you have a URL or a larger code
sample?

James Aylard