[thelist] Backend of a shopping cart system...

Rob Smith rob.smith at thermon.com
Fri Apr 5 08:36:01 CST 2002

Jay knows what he's talking about if you want to invest in the time and
effort of a DB. It'll do miracles for you.

Is a linked list like a collection object?  FWIW I'm using ASP here to do
all this. ;)

hmmm depends on your definition of collection object. You could potentially
store user decisions in (for example) a comma delimited text string session
variable and carry that around while they shop through out your site using
asp.  There would be no way to retain that information upon a revisit unless
you decide on using something like cookies. Like I said, Databases will do
wonders for you if you decide to migrate.

Linked lists in my mind was a simple array that isn't really connected, just
by pointers. This is found commonly in C/C++. Don't try to implement it
though, I've never seen it done with ASP