[thelist] HTML to FDF to PDF

rich at strewthmate.com rich at strewthmate.com
Thu Oct 10 21:12:01 CDT 2002

Hello to the list,

I would like to set up a HTML form that people could fill in, then have the
results emailed to me and imported into a PDF document.

I have created the PDF form, and included the field names.  Adobe Acrobat
has the FDF format for this, but i have been unable to find any resources
or examples (preferably written in perl) that create FDF files and simply
email them.

Has anyone here had experience with FDF data generated in a HTML form,
emailed and imported into a PDF form.

I have done a little research on Adobe's site, downloaded the FDF SDK, and
before i try hack up a script (using my l337 h4><0ring skills ;-) ), has
anyone got any samples or advice on the ease of doing this.

Rich
(damn that's a lot of acronyms)