[thelist] Graph from MySQL Data

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Tue Oct 29 07:00:00 CST 2002

[snip]
Yeah, I tried jpgraph actually. I got it installed, then was lost on how to
get
the data from the database with it. I looked around the jpgraph forums, but
all
the code was over my head--and well--I hit the delete button, <grin>. It's
my
own little project, nothing client involved (which was why the delete
buttons
was so easy)..but I'll give it another look and see if I can figure it out
if
nothing else comes up for me.
[/snip]

Gina,

Where graphing on-the-fly is concerned you are going to have to get your
hands dirty with a little programming. Most of the classes (jpgraph and the
others mentioned) require some coding, but it is not too awful. If you go
with jpgraph feel free to e-mail me offlist and I will help where ever I
can.

Jay
jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com

<tip type="documentation">
Looking for a cheap and easy flowcharting tool? You may not have to look
further than your desktop if you have M$ Office installed. In Excel there
are AutoShapes (accessible from other Office products too) than can be used
to flesh out basic flowcharts with connectors. The great thing about using
AutoShapes in Excel is that you can use the grid to align shapes in your
charts.
</tip>