[thelist] [ot] access advice/tips

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Fri Dec 6 03:01:01 CST 2002

> While I can find my way around simple Access stuff, I'm
> afraid that I might be biting off more then I can handle on this one.
>
> Does anyone have any
> resources/tutorials/books/tips/advice/etc that might help
> here, or should I just tell them to find a real Database programmer??

Start here
http://evolt.org/article/Beginning_Database_Design_Part_I/18/27137/index.htm

Building a database isn't that tough if you put some thought into it before
you start.

Can't help with building an invoicing app, but here are a few links google
spat up when I asked for "microsoft access" AND tutorials:

http://mis.bus.sfu.ca/tutorials/MSAccess/tutorials.html

http://www.cs.trinity.edu/~thicks/AccessDatabase/CreateAccessDatabase/Create
Database.html

http://databases.about.com/library/weekly/aa121000a.htm

http://www.bcschools.net/staff/AccessHelp.htm

If you've got any experience with web forms, or programming, or both, this
is doable. Not simple, but doable.

joel