[thelist] AOL Chocking On Frames?

Michael Caplan michael at eggplant.ws
Fri Dec 6 14:30:01 CST 2002

Hi,

Perhaps I was wrong to travel down this path in the first place, but do any
of you have problems with frame-based websites in AOL (7.0)?  I'm working on
my portfolio which tries to adhere as best as possible to the transitional &
frameset XHTML spec, and is built with frames (yes, I know of the inherent
problems with frames) and a considerable amount of JavaScript.  It works
great in just about every 4.0 browser, but AOL 7.0 destroys it.  AOL only
renders certain frames, and definitely not nested framsets.  Any ideas on
why this is so?  You can check out a very rough version of the site at
http://www.eggplant.ws/portfolio/index.html

Thanks,

Michael