[thelist] Help me understand the requirements for MS SQL

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Sat Dec 7 23:39:01 CST 2002

> I'm trying to demo MS SQL
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/cmserver/evaluation/sysreqs/default.h
> tm says I can run it on XP Professional

Kevin has addressed the 'this is CMS, not SQL' issue, but I'll clarify
'running MSSQL' a bit. You can run the *client* tools on Win2K, XP, probably
3.1 for all I know. But the database itself requires server architecture to
run. So, to test drive MSSQL, you need a machine with server software
running, unless you know someone who'll let you connect your client to their
server, in which case you can install the client tools and get playing.

joel